Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mommy Confessions

If confession is good for the soul then here it is. I love my children dearly, no surprise of course. I treasure their gifts to me (just step in the door and look around). BUT after having been a mommy for more than twenty years, I hit my "I can't look at this hodge podge tree for one more year" stage. I agreed to not having the newest and best so I can be at home, I am great with second hand and goodwill-buy used and save the difference (thank you dear Duggars), but "the tree" really again really?? (yep, that is momma whine your hearing). Sooo I figured I had three choices, deal with it (this is the year of growth for me but that is a whole other blog), tell the children I can't have their stuff on the tree (break their precious hearts on purpose-never) or (drum roll please) put up another tree in the classroom and make it "all just for you guys to decorate however you want!! Wow how exciting is that!!! It worked :o) I have a tree with just light and the kids have a beautiful in their way (really) Christmas tree of their own. Maybe this weekend I can find some (dare I write it?) matching decorations!! Whohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment