Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Traditions




One of my favorite traditions is the great Christmas tree hunt.


We've found this lovely christmas tree farm that lets you cut your own tree. We have soooo much fun hunting and deciding, then hunting some more and more and more (yes, we do usually go back to the first tree we found, but that is not the point!)













Gabriel taking his hunting a little too serious.



How about this tree?






Or this tree??















We settle on this one and Gabriel with the help of Haven start sawing away.
Brilynn is overseeing the task








TIMBER!!







Haven is "helping" bring it up to the van.




(yes, we do tie it to the top of the mini van, I refuse to let the Griswolds top our family time!)




When we got home and set up in the tree stand with just the lights on (more on that in the post "Mommy Confessions") Gabriel snuggled up to me and asked if there was a reason people had Chritmas trees at Christmas. Thank you Lord for allowing me be the one with my children to treasure these precious teachable moments. I never stop being grateful nor do I take lightly that I have been given the most important job on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment