Thursday, February 9, 2012

azure standards


We got our first shipment from Azure Standard yesterday. I am so excited. I found non GMO corn! And sucanat (yummy) and cane sugar, raw almonds, tapioca and potato flour.

THEN (drum roll please) I FINALLY ordered my Vitamix grain mill. I am sooooo stinkin excited to get my grain mill FINALLY (ok its not here yet but I'm dreaming). Now when I run out of flour I can grind my own!! So very very much healthier and cheaper-yay. Six years ago, I could never have imagined writing that sentence. Of course, I could not have imagined baking my our gluten free bread, eating mostly whole foods, or never opening another package of prepared chemicals err I mean snacks. How time and research (and celiacs ) can change a mama. Now when I walk through the store I literally feel sad when I see little kids begging for (and worse getting) those "snacks". It is an uncanny blessing that my kids never (and I do mean never) ask for any of the things I would have to tell them no to anyhow (oh the blessing of celiacs disease).

God's ways are not our ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment